Parents, Students, and Community Members;
The 2012-2013 School Year begins on Tuesday, September 4th. Our new Full Day Schedule will begin with classes starting at 8:30 a.m. and ending at 3:30 p.m. Parents, for the safety of the children I am asking that no child should be at school or on campus until 8:10 a.m. daily.
For new students and parents to Jamieson, on the first day, please come to the school’s auditorium once you arrive. We would like to greet all new students, answer questions, and complete some classroom assignments before taking the students to their new class. All returning students to Jamieson should be on the playground. Once the line up bell rings, returning students should line up with last year’s homeroom. All students will first be taken to their last year’s homeroom then we will move each class to their new homeroom once breakfast and announcements have been completed.
Parents, I have a few reminders for you for the start of the school year.
1. Please take advantage of our Right At School after school care program being held at Jamieson again this year. Please look for the web link on this main page in the left hand column.
2. School lunches have increased this year. When filling out your lunch application, please take note of the new cost.
3. Utilize our school calendar on this web page for the most accurate updates on school events and holidays.
4. Jamieson is looking for parent volunteers to help supervise students during lunch. Our lunch times run from 11:00-1:15 daily. Any support, on any day, and for any length of time would be greatly appreciated. Please contact me or Ms. Paik if you are interested.
5. Our annual school fee is $55 for each child. This fee allows Jamieson to purchase additional classroom teaching supplies, magazines for students, science lab supplies, art and music supplies, and it also pays for field trips for the year. We prefer this method of collection rather than asking you throughout the year for various amounts. You can pay at any time with a personal check or money order.
Everyone at Jamieson is looking forward to the new school year and the students return. We again will have the highest expectations of our students, both academically and socially, and know they will do well. See you September 4th.