MRS. CORR’S CLASS
Please check this page often because homework will be listed every day, and you will find links to all of the general education classes that your children attend. I will post reminders for upcoming events, and any special things that are happening at Jamieson School.
May Dates to Remember:
May 3rd.: Progress Reports sent home
May 8th.: Half Day of School for Students
May 17th: Progress Reports
May 22nd: Cinderella Play
May 27th: No school – Memorial Day
May 29th: Gr. 4 and 5 : Sing for America
May 30th: Jeff Walk-A-Thon
May 31st: 8th. grade trip
- All students: Prepare a current events report to present to the class.
- Groups 3, 4, and 5: Winn Dixie: Read to Chapter 10 and complete the questions.
- Julio: Readers Notebook: Pages 260-265
- Winn-Dixie : Read chapters 6-8 and do the worksheet
- Julio: Read Chapters 6-9 and finish quiz
- Groups 3, 4, and 5: Read Winn Dixie chapters 1-5, and answer the 15 questions.
- Julio: All in One Workbook
- Social Studies – 7th. grade – quiz on your Constitution study guide.
- All students: Write two paragraphs about what it means to be trustworthy.
- Write one paragraph using two of the idioms from last week.
- Group 3: read chapters 1-3 in Sounder and answer questions
- Group 4: read chapters 1-4 in Shiloh and answer questions
- Group 5: read chapters 1-5 in Winn Dixie and answer questions
- Julio: Read chapters 1-5 in Showoff
- Group 3 and group 5- workbook p 137-140
- Group 4: p. 173-176
- Julio: Read chapter 1-3
- All student: prepare a news report
- Group 3: Draw a mural and write an essay explaining what you put in your mural and why.
- Group 4: p. 435: Write a travel brochure.
- Group 5: Complete p. 339
- All groups: Study of Idiom Quiz on Friday.
- Julio: Read “Life Without Gravity” p. 424-428 and answer Critical Thinking Questions
- Prepare a news report
- Finish Comprehension Plus
- Groups 3, 4, and 5: Comprehension Packets p. 46-51
- Social Studies: 7th. grade: Quiz on study guide p. 1 and 2
- Math: 2 sided graph sheet
- Groups 4 and 5: Selection Test
- Group 3: Comprehension pages
- Social Studies: Correct Ch. 7 test
- Julio: Poety assignment
- Social Studies 5 and 6: test on Chapter 7
- Group 5: Spelling Packet
- Group 4: p. 411 writing
- Group 3: Combining sentences
- Social Studies 7: constitution chapter
- Math: Factor Worksheet
- Write sentences with idioms for Monday and Tuesday
- Storyworks: complete worksheetS
- Group 3: Workbook p. 123-130
- Group 4: Workbook p. 133-140
- Group 5: Workbook p. 113-120
- Julio: p. 232-24- Poetry
This week in Reading, the skill, we will be working on figurative language. In Math, we will be working on transformations.
Homework for May 23rd:
Homework for May 22nd:
Homework for May 21sr:
Homework for May 20th:
This week we will be working on figurative language, graphing skills, and symmetry.
Homework for May 17th:
Homework for May 16th:
Homework for May 13th:
All groups: Finish writing assignment.
Homework for May 14th:
Reading Tests for Group 3 and 4
Group 5: Readers Response #3
Julio: Essay on global warming.
May 15th: No Homework
This week, the skill we are working on is Theme. We will use a variety of selections, and work on determining theme.
Homework for May 6th:
Homework for May 2nd:
Homework for April 30th.
Homework for April 29th,
All groups: Write a paragraph using the idiom for today.
Homework for April 25th:
Homework for April 23rd.
Homework for April 22nd: